Get Obachan is a monthly Japanese lifestyle subscription box that sends you beautiful Japanese-made items such as traditional ceramics, textiles, prints, toys, and homewares. The subscription is $39.99 a month. Each box contains a mix of 5+ high quality traditional and modern Japanese items.
I just got my second Get Obachan box, and the first thing I noticed is the packaging is much nicer. They got a brand new box and a card with a QR code which you can scan to find an explanation of everything in the box. Read my previous review.
Inside my Get Obachan box, there was
- Asanoha Plate – iconic design of Japan that was popular in the Edo period
- Maneki Neko – hand-painted beckoning cat for prosperity.
- Karakusa Cloth – a pink 100% cotton Furoshiki with arabesque pattern perfect to wrap a bento box
- Honey Soap – made with acacia honey
- Sticky Note Letters – minimal sticky paper set
- Sapporo Potato Sticks – potato stick snack
Overall I was happy with the contents of the box, the plate and beckoning cats were my favorite items as they were high quality, and weren’t food related. I certainly plan on using both around the house.
If you are interested in Japanese culture, this would be the perfect subscription box for you. Unlike many Japanese subscription boxes that focus on food, I love how Get Obachan includes items that aren’t food too. Plus if you don’t know much about Japanese culture, the descriptions of the products will help you learn about Japan too.
Use coupon code STEPHANIEWHITETRAVELS to save 5% your Get Obachan subscription.