Wondering what to do in Ottawa? The National Capital of Canada offers plenty to do throughout the year. Ottawa hosts plenty of major festivals that draw tourists from around the world.
Things To Do In Ottawa
No matter if you are a tourist or a local you will find plenty of new events and activities to do in Ottawa. Here are some things I highly recommend trying.
- Haunted Walks Of Ottawa – Learn about the history of Ottawa’s landmarks on this haunted tour.
- Fly Over Ottawa In A Bi-plane – See Ottawa from above by flying in a vintage Bi-plane.
- Helicopter Tour Of Ottawa – See the Parliament Buildings from the sky, while flying in a helicopter!
- Relax At Nordik Spa-Nature – Just outside of Ottawa, you can find North America’s largest spa.
- See Animals At Parc Omega – Get up close to Canadian wildlife at Parc Omega.
- Visit The Ottawa Art Gallery – This free museum is filled with stunning Canadian art.
- Go Wine Tasting At Kin Vineyards – Despite the cold weather, Ottawa is able to produce some fantastic wine.
- Try An Escape Room – Ottawa is home to plenty of fantastic escape rooms you need to try!
- Visit Casino Lac Leamy – Not only a casino, here you can find live entertainment and wonderful restaurants.
- Go On A Chocolate Tour Of Ottawa – Explore Ottawa’s sweet side on a chocolate tour.
- Ottawa Beer Tour – Explore Ottawa craft breweries on a Brew Donkey Tour.
What To Do In Ottawa In Spring
After several months of cold weather, Ottawa celebrates the start of spring with Tulip Festival. With the sunnier days, the city explodes with flowers, and you will find plenty of events to enjoy.
What To Do In Ottawa In Summer
Summer is my favorite time in Ottawa. There is always a festival going on, so it is impossible to get bored. The one not to be missed event would have to be Canada Day.
- Calypso Waterpark – June-September
- Canada Day – July
- Northern Lights Sound And Lights Show – June-September
- Casino Lac Leamy Sound Of Lights – August
What To Do In Ottawa In Fall
Ottawa is beautiful in the fall with all the leaves changing color. It is the perfect time to go for a hike and enjoy plenty of Halloween themed events.
What To Do In Ottawa In Winter
Winter is a magical time in Ottawa. In December the entire city is illuminated with Christmas lights which makes for a romantic setting. Early in the year, you can also enjoy visiting a sugar bush to enjoy maple syrup and skating on the canal during Winterlude.
Looking for more suggestions on what to do in Ottawa?
Make sure to check out my other posts for plenty of other suggestions on what to do in Ottawa.